Here an incomplete list of related projects. If you think your project should appear on this list feel free to write us an email.
Security Kernels and Secure Operating Systems
- EMSCB (eurobits, TU Dresden, FH Gelsenkirchen, Sirrix AG, escrypt GmbH)
- European Multilaterally Secure Computing Base (EMSCB) is a project funded by the German Ministry for Trade and Labour that aims at developing an open and trsutworthy computing platform that solves many security problems of conventional platforms.
- EROS (Johns Hopkins University)
- EROS merges some very old ideas in operating systems with some newer ideas about performance and resource management. The result is a small, secure, real-time operating system that provides orthogonal persistence.
- Xen (University of Cambridge)
- Xen is a virtual machine monitor for x86 that supports execution of multiple guest operating systems with unprecedented levels of performance and resource isolation. Xen is Open Source software, released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Secure Resource Management
- Fiasco (TU Dresden)
- Fiasco is a µ-kernel implementation for x86 with an L4 binary interface done by Michael Hohmuth. Fiasco is designed as a preemptible real-time kernel, and is used as a base for the DROPS system.
- sHype (IBM T.J. Watson Research Center)
- sHype is a hypervisor security architecture developed by IBM Research, in various stages of implementation in several hypervisors. sHype is designed and developed in close collaboration with the IBM Systems and Technology Group.
- L4KA (Univerity of Karlsruhe)
- The L4Ka research project aims at substantiating and establishing a new methodology for system construction that helps to manage ever-increasing OS complexity and minimizes legacy dependence. Trusted Computing Technology
- Enforcer (Dartmouth College)
- The Enforcer is a Linux Security Module designed to improve integrity of a computer running Linux by ensuring no tampering of the file system. It can interact with TCPA hardware to provide higher levels of assurance for software and sensitive data.
- TPM Emulator (Berlios)
- The goal of this project is the implementation of a software-based TPM emulator for Linux as well as of an appropriate TCG Device Driver Library (TDDL) to give people the means to easily explore TPMs for educational and experimental purposes.
- Trusted GRUB (eurobits)
- TrustedGRUB extends the GRUB bootloader with TCG support making it possible to provide a secure bootstrap architecture. Only a secure bootstrap architecture can prevent that security policies enforced by a secure operating system can be bypassed by booting another (insecure) operating system.
- TrouSerS (sourceforge)
- TrouSerS is an open source implementation of the TCG software stack TSS 1.1 for Linux.